The Southern Equine Expo (SEE) is returning to the Tennessee Miller Coliseum in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on February 20-22, 2015. SEE is dedicated to improving the care of horses through the education of their owners. During the event, attendees will enjoy clinics presented by nationally known horsemen, educational seminars, and hands-on demonstrations. In addition, SEE has added new competitions–colt starting, extreme trail, and ranch horse challenge–to this years event.
This tentative schedule for the Southern Equine Expo is as follows:
Friday, February 20
- 11 AM Doors open
- Noon Clinics begin
- 6 PM Colt starting clinic
Saturday, February 21
- 8 AM Doors open
- 9 AM Clinics begin
- 5 PM Clinician showcase
Sunday, February 22
- 7 AM Cowboy church
- 8 AM Clinic rider warm-up/doors open
- 9 AM Clinics begin
- 4 PM Conclusion of expo
SEE will post a more complete schedule as the event gets closer. Be sure to visit their schedule for updates.
The clinicians on this year’s schedule include the following:
- Dan James is an Australian cowboy, who has worked around the world to learn more about horse training and horsemanship.
- Stephanie Lynn has been training and teaching for over 35 years. She has won several world championships and has taught many students who have also won some of those very same championships. She has judged at many different world shows for various organizations. In addition, she has authored The Good Rider series and A Lifetime Affair: Lessons Learned Living my Passion.
- Mark Russell was a student of Master Nuno Oliveira in Portugal. He has studied and teaches biomechanics. Author of Lessons in Lightness: the Art of Educating the Horse.
- Larry Whitesell is a gaited horse trainer,who incorporates classical dressage to help bring out gait. He teaches how biomechanics affect gaited horses.
- Mark Lyon has been training horses for 20 years. He competes in ranch versatility and colt starting and was the winner of the mustang makeover in 2008. He starts and trains horses for varies disciplines and at various levels.
You can purchase tickets online at a discounted price or for full price at the door the weekend of the expo. Online tickets are available until 12:00 AM February 20, 2015.
|Ticket Type||Online Price||At the Door|
|Single Day Adult Ticket||$10.00||$15.00|
|Single Day Youth (under 12)||$7.50||$10.00|
|Single Day Family Pack (includes 5 family members)||$40.00||$50.00|
|Single Day Group Pack (includes 20 tickets)||$150.00||$200.00|
|>Week-end Pass Adult||$25.00||$40.00|
|>Week-end Pass Youth||$20.00||$25.00|
|Week-end Family pack||$100.00||$125.00|
Hope to see you there!